An investment company is a legal person whose scope of business is the collective investment based on:
- Creation and management of mutual funds, or
- Management of investment funds under the management contract.
The investment company must have a permission of the Czech National Bank (CNB), the firm contains designation "investment company". The CNB shall grant authorization only to such a JSC which
- Issues only registered shares
- Whose headquarters and real seat is in the Czech Republic
- Which submits a business plan and design of the organizational structure of the investment company
- Has paid up share capital
Investment company may not issue bonds. An investment company may manage assets in a mutual fund of other investment company or property of an investment fund, which has not concluded a management contract.